A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

January 13, 2011
By Becky Vickers BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Becky Vickers BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“In every way, a walk to remember.” In A Walk to Remember, by Nicholas Sparks, seventeen year-old Landon Carter is a senior at Beaufort high school. Every year, the high school and the local Baptist church puts on the play The Christmas Angel written by the minister of the church. The play features seniors. Landon get casts as the male lead role, while his opposite is Jamie Sullivan, the minister’s daughter. Jamie is not accepted by her classmates. She carries around a bible and is extremely religious. Jamie and Landon start spending most of their time together. They even go to the homecoming dance together. Landon learns of Jamie’s dream and all Landon wants to do is to fulfill it.


This realistic fiction novel was amazingly well written which is expected from Nicholas Sparks. The book pulls you in right away. The way Sparks writes this novel as a memory is a great way of telling a story. The way he describes Beaufort, North Carolina, it feels like you have been there a thousand times. This was a fun book that I really enjoyed. A Walk to Remember was a fast read that I didn’t put down. A great book for ages 12- Adult.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.