Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

January 13, 2011
By Madeleine Nicholas BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Madeleine Nicholas BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Imagine a world that has magic. The sixth Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, by J.K. Rowling is a fantasy book that has a good verse evil theme. Harry Potter, is a sixteen-year old wizard who is at his sixth year at Hogwarts. Harry ends his summer with a trip with his headmaster, Dumbledore to recruit a new potions teacher. During his year, Harry finds a mysterious potions book that makes him and expert at potions and has some dangerous spells in it. Dumbledore has Harry take private lessons with him to find out about Lord Voldemort’s past. Meanwhile, things at Hogwarts are going wrong. A student gets a cursed necklace and another student drinks a poisoned drink. When Dumbledore asks Harry to go with him to find a Horcrux, everything goes wrong when the dark mark appears in the sky. They are looking for a Horcrux which is an object that someone can split their soul and put a piece of it in by killing a person.

I think J.K. Rowling is a great author. I have read all her books and liked them. The Harry Potter series is a great series because there is always something new and exciting in each book and it made me want to read more. I love all the characters because they are all funny, unique and have their own personality. I have read these books multiple times and I would recommend them to everyone because it is appropriate for all ages. I like the title, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince because before I read it, I thought that Harry might have been the prince. I like the conflict in this book because it is exciting. I like the chapter where you find the truth about Snape because it adds a good twist to the end of the book.