The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

By Leeann Larkin BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Leeann Larkin BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

In the book The Wedding, by Nicholas Sparks, Wilson and Jane Lewis have been married for thirty years, but Jane is not in love with him anymore and it’s entirely his fault. He was never involved in raising their three children and he always spent too much time at his office and not enough at home. Now, Wilson wants to make their 30th wedding anniversary amazing because he fears that Jane is going to leave him. Then, he finds out that his oldest daughter Anna is going to get married, but she wants the wedding to be on their anniversary which is less than a week away! Now, his daughter is getting married in less than a week, and his wife is thinking about leaving him. Wilson has to make this anniversary one that she will never forget. He must prove to his family that he really has changed.

I liked how this sequel to The Notebook went back and fourth between the past and the present. Wilson would always have flashbacks. He would go back to when he first met her, their first date, and when he proposed to her. I thought this made the book a lot more interesting to read when they linked the past and present together. Another reason why I loved this book was because Nicholas Sparks used so much detail. He would describe a certain scene, and I could visualize it exactly. It almost made me feel like I was actually there. I would definitely recommend this book to girls, because it was a very romantic story. Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author because he uses so much detail in his writing and I love how the end of his stories are so unpredictable. I enjoyed reading The Wedding very much, and I will continue to read more books by Nicholas Sparks in the future.