A step from heaven by Anna | Teen Ink

A step from heaven by Anna

By Norratad Supboongerd BRONZE, Bangkok, Other
Norratad Supboongerd BRONZE, Bangkok, Other

“A step from heaven” is a book which is wrote by Anna. This book gets two awards which are “Winner of the 2002 Michael L. Printz Award” and A 2001 National Book Award Finalish. This book is Anna's first novel and she does a good job on it.

The story is about a korean girl who is born in a family that has several problems. Her named is Young Ju. When she stays in Korea, Her life does not have future because she has abusive father but when She immigrances to Mi Gook (America), her life sees the future. However, She has to change herself to be ready for the future such as, habit, language, and her observation about life to be positive. Yong Ju struggles herself to make her and family that has abusive father to get a new life and freedom.

I see that Anna wants to share her experiences by this book that is why she makes a good job on her first novel. The story of this book talks about girl's life in America. I think that the story is very good and exciting so you guys should buy this book!!!

This is my first book review. I am sorry if my grammar is not perfect and please do not blame me