A Step from Heaven by An Na | Teen Ink

A Step from Heaven by An Na

By Sirachat Leelathongthai BRONZE, Bangkok, Other
Sirachat Leelathongthai BRONZE, Bangkok, Other

Book Review
A Step from Heaven
A step from heaven was written by An na, it is very interesting and have a powerful feeling of a family. This book is based on her real life when she was young. Young Ju a four-year-old girl hears the word Mi Gook which was America because they wanted to have a better life, but she surely thinks that it mean “Heaven” for her. Their family learns American’s way of life. It makes their family life hard an uncomfortable
Appa (father) finds an easy job to be the cleaner. Umma (mother) works at home because she must look after Young Ju. Young Ju has a difficulty speaking and listening to their parents. Later Joon Ho was born, he was a boy and Appa seems to like him more than Young Ju because she was a girl. Later Appa begins to drink alcohol after Halmoni died and start to bullied Young Ju and Uhmma. The arguing become so bad that Young Ju totally calls to the police so Appa was taken away. After that each members in the family help each other to find the money. Finally they have a house and stay closed together even though Appa is not here.
Try to read this book and you can find what happen to everyone in the story. I would like to score it 8 out of 10 points. I love this book because it ¬reminds me of a real situation of some family.

This is my first review please do not serious in my grammar.