The Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Capture by Kathryn Lasky | Teen Ink

The Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Capture by Kathryn Lasky

January 11, 2011
By Anonymous

Guardians of Ga’Hoole: The Capture, is an adventure book by Kathryn Lasky. It’s about a barn owl named Soren who lived in the Forest of Tyto and is pushed out of his nest by his brother, Kludd. Next thing he knows, he has been snatched by another, and bigger owl, and taken to St. Aegolius Academy for Orphaned Owls. On his way, he meets a small Elf Owl named Gylfie. When they get to the academy, they are given numbers to replace their old names. Soren is 12-1, and Gylfie is 25-2. They then go to the glaucidium to sleep and do sleep marches. They are told they have to sleep with their beaks pointing towards the moon, and the sleep marches are that they march back and forth in lines, in the light of the moon saying their old name over and over, until it becomes just a sound. Then, Gylfie tells Soren that the Academy owls are moon blinking them with their own names, moon blinking is staying in the light of the full moon for too long. So, Soren and Gylfie figure out a way to escape, and they head out into the world. That’s all your getting, sorry, you have to read the book to find out more.

The author's comments:
I really liked the book, and I would probably recommend it to as early as third grade to about middle school. The books for people who like adventure, a little mystery, and a ton of friendship and trust.