Skeleton creek by patrick carman | Teen Ink

Skeleton creek by patrick carman

By astevens BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
astevens BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

“This is it I’m dead.”In this mystery book, Skelton Creek, by Patrick Carman, Ryan and Sarah go to a place called a dredge, where they mine gold. When they go to the dredge, they see a ghost in the window and they run home. When they get home, they go to library and do some research on the dredge. They find very little, which makes them curious why there was nothing on the dredge. Then Ryan starts to investigate his dad because he has a tattoo that was in a carving in the dredge. When they go back to the dredge, a ghost pushes Ryan off the staircase and breaks his leg. After that, Ryan and Sarah’s parents had forbidden them to see each other because they say they get into trouble, but they still did anyway. After a little while they met each other by the dredge for the last time. To see what happens to Ryan and Sarah you will need to read the book.

I think it was cool how Carman had videos that went with the book. Another reason I liked this book is that it is written from Ryan’s point- of- view, which I think it makes it seem more like reading a journal. He can tell you what he is thinking but cannot tell you what other people are thinking in the story. I think there was conflict between Ryan and the ghost of old Joe Bush. One other reason that I liked the book is that it was very addicting to read. I can also relate to the characters because they are close to my age and my grade. The mood of this book is both funny and scary. It is a great book and I would recommend it to young adults who likes scary books.

glub123 BRONZE said...
glub123 BRONZE, North Wales, Pennsylvania

Miracles do happen to those who deserve them.

I loved this book! It is the BEST!!!