Linger by Maggie Stiefvater | Teen Ink

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

By Allielovesyou BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Allielovesyou BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

“This is a story of a boy who used to be a wolf and a girl who was becoming one,” was the first sentence leading into a mind blowing and powerful story, Linger, by Maggie Stiefvater.

This young adult fantasy is the sequel of Shiver. In this book, Grace faces many problems with herself, and the people she loves. Grace has a boyfriend named Sam, and from the previous book you know that Sam is no longer a wolf. Sam and Grace, face many obstacles in their relationship. Grace begins to realize that something is happening to her, and starts worrying more, and more each day of what it might be. Sam want to help but later finds out, that he can’t. Grace finds out she is slowly turning into a canine, and is having a rough time coping with it.

The author really describes in full detail of what the characters go through, and encounter. I would definitely recommend this book to young adults, I know I personally loved it! I can’t wait until the third book from this sequel is released. This book definitely deserves four out of five stars, and the reason being is because the book is really well written, has a great plot, and the ending really leaves you wanting more. Linger is a great read and completely breathtaking, every time you turn the page.