Dead is State of Mind by Marlene Perez | Teen Ink

Dead is State of Mind by Marlene Perez

January 11, 2011
By Meomiya BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Meomiya BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Dead This book is a fiction novel that tell a story about supernatural murder mystery about unnatural thing that goes on in the town of Nightshade. A death has just occurred a teacher from Nightshade High just got murdered by an unknown killer or creature. Daisy and Ryan are still going out or they kind of are. Ryan finds out a new secret about himself and misses school for a few days and stands up Daisy on her birthday and dates. Is there another girl in Ryan’s life or is it just a friend helping him? Daisy is now dateless for prom or may be not. A new student Duke, a fortune teller, (which may or may not be true according to Daisy) asked Daisy to prom. Daisy does not know if she should go with him. Find out more in the book.

Marlene Perez has written other books in the Dead is series. There is Dead is the New Black, Dead is So Last Year and Dead is Just a Rumor. I think this book has great way of pulling the the reader into the story. Once you start the book you can’t put it down. There is so much drama that there is so many secrets that not many people know about not even the reader. There is just something that just wants you to know what happens to Daisy and Ryan, maybe even Duke. There are many up and down moments through the story even with sudden death approaching to someone.