Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen | Teen Ink

Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen

By paige.ward BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
paige.ward BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

I'm not random you just can't think as fast as me.

“I hoped that Grace would be a little bit of all of us: Scarlett’s spirit, and my mother’s strength, Marion’s determination and Michael's sly humor. I wasn’t sure what I could give, not just yet. But I knew when I told her about the comet, years from now, I would know.”

Someone Like You by New York Times Best Selling Author Sarah Dessen is a story of true friendship. Halley and Scarlett are best friends and they have been since the day they met. When Michael, the only boy Scarlett has ever loved is killed Halley knows she has to be strong for herself and for Scarlett. “A true friend is a promise you keep forever.” Then when they find out Scarlett is pregnant with Michael's baby for once Scarlett who is normally the more outgoing one needs Halley. This powerful young adult fiction novel will move you with a tale of true friendship.

Someone Like You is by far one of Dessen’s best works. It is an ALA Best Book for Young Adults and an SLJ Best Book of the Year. Every page leaves you wanting more. Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite authors and I could not get enough of this book. It is a must read!