Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

January 11, 2011
By isabel812 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
isabel812 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

An invitation to a wizard school, a giant breaking down your door, and flying motorcycles are a lot for an eleven-year old boy to take in on one night. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone is a great, entertaining fiction book. Harry Potter, an orphan who lived with his aunt, uncle and cousin, found out he’s a wizard is now a first year student and Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Now instead of trying to survive life with the miserable Dursley’s, he has to become a wizard. Living up to expectations isn’t easy, he’s famous for surviving Voldemort’s attempt to kill him. Harry learns about his past, his family, and his new life. His new friends Ron and Hermione become a great help in his adventures. They run into Fluffy, an enormous three headed dog and realize he’s guarding something that’s supposed to be left alone. The trio heads into trouble when they decide to find whatever’s being guarded. Suspicious teachers, evil classmates. And dangerous animals make for an interesting year at Hogwarts.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I admire J.K. Rowling for writing such a spectacular book. It has a lot of interesting problems, making the book action filled. She did a great job describing the characters and school. Rowling described details so vividly that I could literally picture what everyone and everything looks and feels like. The book really pulled me in because I wanted to know what’s hidden behind Fluffy. Pre-teen and up will enjoy this book. There’s also the rest of the Harry Potter series, which is six more books. I highly recommend this book to other strong readers. Enter the world of Wizardry!

The author's comments:
I was inspired to write a book review by my amazing English teacher, Mrs. Fyke. She encouraged me to read books, and so I read Harry Potter and loved it! What better to do than write a book review?