Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

Imagine a book of romance, deception, and revenge and you’ve got Angels & Demons, by Dan Brown. When the most powerful brotherhood known to man rises once again, a physicist at Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire in Switzerland, or CERN for short, with a scientific secret that could destroy anything in its path, is the first to suffer. When the daughter and co-worker of that physicist, Vittoria Vetra, and the famous Robert Langdon set out to take back that secret, they discover horrifying twists and turns at every corner, all inside Rome and the Vatican City. After all, this brotherhood’s main target is the basis of faith to so many of us in this world, the Catholic church.

This amazing book engulfs you on the first page. “Physicist Leonardo Vetra smelled burning flesh, and he knew it was his own,” reads the first line of the Prologue. The intensity never slows. Dan Brown uses his amazing creativity to come up with a new twist that will force you to keep reading at almost every chapter. The book’s point of view changes from the good guy’s perspective to the bad guy’s perspective (all in third person limited) in the blink of an eye. I would recommend this book to any young adult to adult looking for a page turner. The decent amount of violence would probable eliminate kids from the equation, as would the advanced vocabulary and structure of this book. Out of five, I give Angels & Demons a ten!

Golgotha_Seraphim_Trinity said...
I want to say I LOVE the book! I've read it many times and can't seem to put it down. My question though is this: could or could not the Illuminati really exist?? I've done research and some of it I doubt if it is true.