Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney | Teen Ink

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney

January 11, 2011
By Sean Fitzsimons BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Sean Fitzsimons BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When was the last time you’ve laughed out loud reading a book? Well, after you read this book that answer will change. This is a comedy about a teenager named Greg. It is summer vacation and Greg is a lazy person. He sleeps all day then he watches television until a late hour. He gets in trouble with his best friend, Rowley’s, parents. Over the summer, Rowley takes him to his country club and they get a b unch of fruit smoothies. Now he owes the family $70. He gets kicked out of going to that country club because Rowley’s parents are mad at him. Read this book and see how they try to get the money back!


I think this book is well-written because the themes are based off of real life situations. It was a cartoon book so it was a little easier to read. I was a little confused with the “Reading is Fun Club.” It was in and out of the book too much. It was in the book then it was out for a while then back in. The public pool sounded nasty. I could feel Greg’s pain. I rate this book a 9 out of 10. I hope I can read the next book in the series.