Point Blank by Anthony Horowitz | Teen Ink

Point Blank by Anthony Horowitz

January 11, 2011
By Ohiostateman BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Ohiostateman BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

“I am very sorry, Madame. Alex Friend died a few minutes ago.” Alex Rider is needed again, in the sequel to Stormbreaker,by Anthony Horowitz. This time he is needed to do some undercover investigation at an Academy called Point Blank in France. It cost fifteen thousand dollars to attend one term. Alex will be using the name Alex Friend and will pretend to be the son of Sir David Friend (Founder of Friends Supermarket, Department stores, etc.). Alex will stay five days with the Friend family and get to know them. When he gets to Point Blank, he makes his only friend: James. Later, James is acting differently than he normally is, and starts acting like the rest of the five kids there, and Alex is friendless. Later, Alex finds out that he is in danger and calls for help. After two days and no sign of the M16 (Spy agency that Alex’s works for) Alex’s finds out one of the biggest secret in history.

What I like about Point Blank by Anthony Horowitz is that nothing is as it seems, and you can figure out the mystery for yourself. I liked the point-of-view that it is in because almost all the time it is in Alex’s point-of-view. It is mainly in third person limited. I think the author did a great job of using voice and pulling me into the story. I thought the book got right to the point. I would recommend this to people who like spy books, mysteries books and adventure books. This book is definitely a 10 out of 10.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.