Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury | Teen Ink

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

By Rhys Moller BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Rhys Moller BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

Do you like books? Do you like a challenge when you read? If you say yes, then Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury is the book for you. In this book, Guy Montag is a fireman. His job is to burn books and the houses they’re in. He’s happy burning books until he meets a young 17-year old girl named Clarisse. She tells him stories of how people used to read books. So Guy Montag starts to hoard book and reads them out loud. He soon meets a professor named Faber. They become friends and start making a plot to bring the world back to what it used to be, until Montag gets caught. The idea of a society with controled knowledge is a scary thought that most would think impossible. But it is a possible with what’s happening in the world right now.

I thought that Fahrenheit 451 was a good book because it was a challenge to read. I thought the author did a good job in writing from Montag’s point of view. I thought that it contributed to the way that the plot unravels. What I really liked was the almost perfect prediction by Ray Bradbury on how our world will be in the future. What kept me reading on was the plot. The author wouldn’t give away to much in the build up to the ending. The ending is a little twist from what you the end will be, I guarantee that. This is one of the best Sci-fi books that I have ever read, and you will like it to.