Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini | Teen Ink

Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini

By ConnorM. SILVER, Brighton, Michigan
ConnorM. SILVER, Brighton, Michigan

I read Eragon, by Christopher Paolini, when I got it as a Christmas gift. I was amazed, and it became an instant favorite. I read Eldest and couldn’t wait for Brisingr to come out, I was absolutely begging my mom to let me get it. I read it, and it was my favorite, even rivaling Harry Potter (which for me is truly saying something). I have re-read it so many times, and have been eagerly awaiting the fourth book, even though I know absolutely nothing about its release date or title. The in-depth plotline and characters will has kept readers on the edge of their seats and begging for more.
The plotline has amazing twists and turns, almost like a roller coaster, with massive hills of suspense, thrilling drops, and then twisting away as you find out more and more about things that happen in the past, almost feeling as if the series was written backwards. For example, when Eragon spends the whole of Eragon and most of Eldest wondering who his father is, when at the end of Eldest Murtagh reveals he was Morzan, the one who betrayed the Riders to Galbatorix. Eragon spends Brisingr in agony over this, only to find out that it was really Brom, the man who helped him in Eragon.
The characters have very deep personalities, such as Eragon’s hatred of killing, his love for Saphira, and his anger at Oromis and Glaedr for keeping the identity of his father hidden. I like how Paolini switches between characters, and makes them all so different. For example, Eragon and Roran are both legendary warriors, but while Eragon’s power comes from magic, Roran’s comes from determination and willpower.
It is a very good story, with a well-thought-out plot though I do think that Paolini got some ideas from George Lucas’s Star Wars. If you have seen all six of the Star Wars movies, you will know what I’m talking about. But he has very original characters, places, and plot events. All in all, I think it is a very well-written series, and I absolutely cannot wait for the fourth book to come out-it is sure to be very action packed and well thought out..