The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult | Teen Ink

The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult

By litzuly chavez BRONZE, Prosser, Washington
litzuly chavez BRONZE, Prosser, Washington

The Tenth Circle
By: Jodi Picoult
Fiction

Trixie Stone is a rebellious teenager who attends at Bethel high school in Boston, Massachusetts. She skips school, and lies to her parents. This novel of Jodi Picoult, The Tenth Circle, has very intense scenes and gives enough detail for us to understand. Trixie goes to her friends’ house for a sleepover but turns out to be a crazy party where there’s alcohol and drugs. She invites her ex-boyfriend, Jason to make him jealous and get back together with him but, everything changes to a terrible night.
Jodi Picoult makes the reader think how the character will show the truth throughout the book. For example, when Marita was speaking to Trixies dad, Daniel, Jodi makes sure to have the reader get entertained and continue to read. In the book, Marita finally says, “She lied to you about going to her friends’ house for a quiet sleepover, that night. She lied about losing her virginity the night of the assault…She lied to the ER physician about the cuts on her wrist; Some which were made long before that Friday night, which begs the question, What else is Trixie lying about?” (192). The author also adds some cliff hangers at the end of each scene which makes the reader want to keep on going and see what will happen next.
The Tenth Circle would make some teenagers be disgusted on an actual part in the beginning so it is better for the adults to read it. This book is also related to another novel called 19 Minutes which is also written by Jodi Picoult. Both these books relate to each other because they both contain a teenager who has a problem and leads up to a decision where they try to suicide themselves. The Tenth Circle will have the reader want to keep continuing and think about those cliff hangers.