Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran | Teen Ink

Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran

By Shminkanator5000 SILVER, Rochester, New York
Shminkanator5000 SILVER, Rochester, New York

"the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

When I read Cleopatra's Daughter, I picked it up solely because I didn't even know Cleopatra HAD a daughter who lived through the siege of Egypt, and I was interested in historical fiction. I closed the book 2 days after picking it up, fully satisfied and craving more. Michelle Moran has taken the words of history and beautified them into emotions, and actions. Even though I am new to historical fiction, I can only imagine the amount of research and work she had to have put into this book. For one thing, if you youtube Kleopatra Selene, you come up with 1 relevant video. Ms. Moran must've really looked into the past, and brought it forward for this amazing book about the struggles of being taken away from your country and forced to live under a totally different rule and culture.

butterfly123 said...
butterfly123, Banglore, Other
lol. i think that depends as to what you look for in a book. the historical fiction or Ms. egyptian beauty's daughter? ;)...anway back to the review...short but very well written. i was fascinated immediately . great work and keep writing :D

dolphinportkey7 GOLD, D, Other

"Because I knew you, I have been changed for good" AND "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

Well now I'm intrigued...but is it more of a book girls might enjoy, or something anyone could like? ;)