Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements | Teen Ink

Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements

December 21, 2010
By Anonymous

Have you ever judged a book by its cover? Well I have on the book Things Not Seen. Most people say never judge a book by its cover but with this book it was hard not to.


The book’s cover is only a tedious boy’s side view of his face, but I bet if you read the first paragraph or the paragraph on the back of the book you will fall in love with it. The author Andrew Clements must have felt invisible to people before because one of the main characters in the book is a boy named Bobby and Bobby just couldn’t take anymore of being invisible and when I say invisible I really mean invisible no one can see him anymore.

There are many great parts in the book but there is only one that is my favorite. My favorite part of this book is when Bobby is home alone because his parents are in the hospital from being in a very bad car accident and he here’s a noise in the kitchen like an intruder was in the house but there wasn’t it was just a cat, a small black cat. This book is a great fantasy book and if you like fantasy books then this is the right book for you; believe me it will blow you away.

The main characters are Bobby a 12 year old boy that has to go through issues that he is having after he woke up one morning to figure out that he is not a normal boy anymore; and there is a 12 year old girl that is blind and still becomes a good new friend to Bobby, but then she eventually finds out who he truly is and she gets mad at him because she believed in him and trusted him but he ended up being a big liar. This book is one of those types of book that you will not be able to take your eyes after you read at least the first paragraph.

I know that when I first started reading the book Things Not Seen I thought I wouldn’t have finished it but surprisingly I did and I thought is was the perfect book for me, and even thought I don’t really even read fantasy books but this to me didn’t even feel like one. This book was told by Bobby one of the main characters so it makes this book a 1st person’s point of view. Now with everything that I have said if you like fantasy books that are told in a 1st person’s point of view then this book is the book for you, and believe me once you start reading it then you wont be able to stop.