Freak The Mighty by Rodman Philbrick | Teen Ink

Freak The Mighty by Rodman Philbrick

December 21, 2010
By deerslaer BRONZE, Camden On Gauley, West Virginia
deerslaer BRONZE, Camden On Gauley, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
ruikhbil2rujbne


The introduction of this particular story doesn’t necessarily give the whole idea of the theme of the book. It kind of dived immediately into the story about these two friends that overcome disadvantages.
Freak is a little feller that has a dieses called Morquio. His real name is Kevin and he has a friend named Maxwell and he has Dyslexia. They became friends when both of them was getting picked on at school. Maxwell’s dad is in jail because he did something bad. He lives with his grandparents and calls them grim:



























I think that this book is a good book. It is a book that you want to read if u haven’t read this book you should. I would not say you was missing out on nothing, if you have you have plenty of time to read I would read it. It is a good book for youngsters and gram.
Again Freak is a little boy with a dieses and his friend is Maxwell. They help each other out when they get in a situation that they can’t get out by themself. If I wouldn’t read it before and I would read this review and read the book.
I liked the book because it keep you up on your toes. While we was reading the book they would give you hints but you still wouldn’t know what all was going on until it happened. There was also some dislikes about this book. Some it really isn’t for junior high. After all it turned out to be a great book.