Freak The Mighty by Rodman Philbrick | Teen Ink

Freak The Mighty by Rodman Philbrick

By KingMarkB BRONZE, Cowen, West Virginia
KingMarkB BRONZE, Cowen, West Virginia

Youll miss me when im dead.

Book title and author: Freak The Mighty, Rodman Philbrick
Title of review: Freak the Mighty Review
Number of stars (1 to 5): 4
The introduction doesn’t really give the whole idea of the theme of this story.It almost immediately dives into a story about two friends that overcome disadvantages.
Freak and Maxwell are friends, freak has a disease called morquio and Maxwell has dyslexia. The reason they met is they both have something in common, they both get picked on in school. Maxwells dad is in jail and max lives with his grandparents.
This book is very good for younger readers, this is a very interesting book and you should look into it. This would be a good bedtime book to read to children or maybe even a book club.
This book was fairly interesting, and you wanted to hurry up and see what happened. This is not a book I would read in my free time though, it is very interesting but it more of a fourth grade style book. There are some very interesting parts, and some not so interesting. overall it is an okay book.
Freak is a little boy with a disease and his friend Maxwell has dyslexia. Maxwell and freak became friends because they both got made fun of. They both helped each other out, and this book would be good for 4th grade and under.