Run for Your Life by James Patterson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Have you ever known a sociopath? Someone who does wrong and doesn't care? Well, in this spine-tingling novel you will find the story of a lifetime. This book takes place in the heart of New York City with a hostage negotiator, the recently widowed Michael Bennett, and his family of 10 adopted children.

A killer is on the loose who calls himself “The Teacher.” This psychopathic serial killer seeks to teach “rude” people manners. Mike is assigned to the case. With nothing more than a pattern left by The Teacher and a hunch, he takes it on the run. Then comes a twist: Who would expect the eminent Mike Bennett to be taken hostage? To escape with his life he must use all the tricks of his trade.

Run for Your Life is a suspenseful mystery by James ­Patterson and co-writer Michael Ledwidge, who have penned several best-sellers. I would recommend it to anyone who likes detective stories. Not only do I recommend the book but the author too.