Green by Laura Peyton Roberts | Teen Ink

Green by Laura Peyton Roberts

December 9, 2010
By nic585 BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
nic585 BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The book Green by Laura Peyton Roberts is about Lily Green, a girl that is just turning 13. Her day starts with a mysterious box on her porch. When Lily opens it; the box explodes! Soon after three leprechauns appear, and Lily is whisked away to a place called the Meadow where leprechauns live and protect their gold. Lily finds out that she is related to leprechauns. Also that after her grandma’s passing death she is next in line to become the keeper. The keeper has the key to the gold vault that takes both leprechaun and human to open. The keeper’s job is to help make transactions, to take gold in and out of the vault. But to become the keeper Lily must pass three tests. The tests consist of a test of blood, a test of cleverness, and a test of loyalty. Lily has to pass all the tests or she won’t be able to return home.

I thought this book was a really fun read! This book’s length was on the short side, and it only took me a day or two to complete. The author did a really great job describing scenes in the book. The imagery Roberts displayed was so well done. Every setting she described was perfect and made it so you could see what the place looked like. Laura Peyton Roberts also does a great job in adding a bit of humor and some very ironic parts to her book. Roberts keeps you interested in the story until the very end! This short book is an action packed fantasy that is an enjoyable book for all ages.