Pretty Little Liars by Sarah Shepard | Teen Ink

Pretty Little Liars by Sarah Shepard

By kingg296 BRONZE, Bedford, New York
kingg296 BRONZE, Bedford, New York

Dialogue With Hannah Martin

Me: Pretty Little Liars, by Sarah Shepard is an intriguing mystery about four friends trying to save themselves, their reputations, and their relationships. There are eight books in this thrilling series. I am here to interview Hannah Marrin, one of the main characters.

Me: Hannah, this book takes place in a small, preppy town called Rosewood. How would you describe your life right now? What is going on?

Hannah: I would best describe my life right now as frightening and confusing.

Me: Why do you say that? Can you be more specific?

Hannah: Sure. My life is frightening and confusing because I am getting texts and I am in communication with my dead best friend right now. I am also going through some problems with the police because I stole a few things and crashed my boyfriend’s car after he broke up with me…

Me: Wow. That is a lot to be going through. I cannot imagine. Who do you think is the prime suspect for sending Allison, you’re dead friend’s, messages right now?

Hannah: Well the police found her body buried in the back yard of her house, so I am sure it is not she. Right now I have no idea. It could be her neighbors, Jenna or Toby Cavanaugh, sending these threatening messages. Although, I really don’t know how they can possibly know all the information that “Allison” sends me; no one does.

Me: Why would you suspect Toby and Jenna?

Hannah: You will have to read the book to find out.

Me: Okay. Would your four friends suspect the same people?

Hannah: Who said they are my friends…

Me: Well you guys you used to be so close.

Hannah: Well we are not anymore.

Me: Why not? Are you sad about that?

Hannah: I don’t know. I mean I guess. Ali is the one who held this thing together, and she is gone; so is our friendship.

Me: Oh. Well, how do your feelings in this book relate to other people?

Hannah: I don’t know.

Me: You can’t think of anything?

Hannah: Well, I guess it is sort of like being a celebrity. You know…getting stalked. The only difference is this Allison person is definitely not my fan…

Me: What are some themes in this book?

Hannah: Some themes in this book are friendship, struggle, and secrets.

Me: What do you mean by secrets?

Hannah: Well, you can never trust a pretty girl with an ugly secret. That is the main theme of this book.

Me: Wow, that sounds juicy! How old are you and your friends?

Hannah: Seventeen.

Me: So, I would suggest this book to anyone over the age of twelve or thirteen.

Hannah: This book is filled with dramatic events and crazy twists. If you are looking for a fun rollercoaster ride, read this series. Anyone would love it.

Me: Interesting. Thank you Hannah. This gives me a whole new view on the Pretty Little Liars series. I cannot wait to finish all the books.

This is a made up dialogue based on this book!

xxxindiexxx BRONZE, Marie Ter, New York

anything from Emerson.

i read the book and i wanted to get other peoples view on the book for a project, and this helped lots!

i love this book as much as i love this review!

howdydo said...
on Nov. 22 2010 at 8:45 am
Great review!!!!!