Fruits Basket by Takaya Natsuki

By , Berlin, MA
This one of a kind manga's is hitting the shelves in every bookstore. It can also be found online. This manga has a little romance and a lot of laughter and originality. It's about a girl, Tohru-Honda who had lived with her mom until she died in a mudslide. Some japanese family finds her: Sohma family. There's Yuki-sohma, Kyo-Sohma, Shigure-Sohma, Hatori-Sohma, Ayame-Sohma, Momiji-Sohma and so many more characters. They go on many adventures and Tohru-Honda finally learns the family secret. Then she slowly meets more family members and who they really are. This "backwards" book is so popular. It creates abrstract mood. Tohru-Honda doesn't always get what's happening and there's always a constant feud between Kyo and Yuki-kun. Tohru-Honda never knows who to choose or who to like. It's a complicated life for her, with the whole moving situation, her job(working for the Sohma's :cleaning and cooking, to pay off rent) and homework. Of course!

GoGreenGirl said...
Jan. 20, 2012 at 7:25 am
yeah tohru's mom got hit by a car... I know this cause I'm reading the last book... :D!!!

Maddie26 said...
Yeah... Tohru's mom didn't die in a mudslide... she dies in a car accident... but Tohru's picture of her mom was caught in a mudslide in the first book

manga_maniac said...
Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:20 am
just to let you know tohru's mom dies in a car accident not in a mudslide.

MayDay said...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:29 am
Me love FRUBA (fruits basket)...