Fruits Basket by Takaya Natsuki | Teen Ink

Fruits Basket by Takaya Natsuki

November 6, 2010
By Anonymous

This one of a kind manga's is hitting the shelves in every bookstore. It can also be found online. This manga has a little romance and a lot of laughter and originality. It's about a girl, Tohru-Honda who had lived with her mom until she died in a mudslide. Some japanese family finds her: Sohma family. There's Yuki-sohma, Kyo-Sohma, Shigure-Sohma, Hatori-Sohma, Ayame-Sohma, Momiji-Sohma and so many more characters. They go on many adventures and Tohru-Honda finally learns the family secret. Then she slowly meets more family members and who they really are. This "backwards" book is so popular. It creates abrstract mood. Tohru-Honda doesn't always get what's happening and there's always a constant feud between Kyo and Yuki-kun. Tohru-Honda never knows who to choose or who to like. It's a complicated life for her, with the whole moving situation, her job(working for the Sohma's :cleaning and cooking, to pay off rent) and homework. Of course!


The author's comments:
This is a great book to cheer you up, it distracts you from normal life. It can change the way you look at things. You could be feuding over who's better for Tohru-Honda. There's tension in the book and makes you want to gasp and be like "oh my god! what's going to happen" Its a page turner. I guaranetee you'll never want to put it down. You'll be running back to the library/bookstore, over and over. It really does show everyday life, in many other ways.