Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Summary: All Tally ever wanted was to be Pretty. As a Pretty, she would live in Mansions, have no need for school, party constantly and all the rules set for uglies wouldn’t apply to her anymore. At age 16 it is required to get plastic surgery and you become a pretty. But the summer before her 16th birthday, Tally unexpectedly meets another ugly, Shay who for some reason has no desire for dazzling beauty. A few nights before her 16th birthday, Shay escapes the city to join a rebellion. The smoke recruited uglies who understood the effects of the operation. The day Tally is supposed to get her new life surgery, she gets an unexpected visit from Special Circumstances. The specials were a government agency formed to protect the boundaries of the city. But when Tally is threatened to remain ugly forever or betray her friends. Her whole life mixes up. What path will Tally choose? Friendship or her dream of fitting into society? On her journey to figure out who she is Tally finds out what love is, and what becoming beautiful consists of. This is a story of adventure, romance, action, mystery and truths.

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 1, 2010 at 9:14 am
soooo true,i love this book series.....you should read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins,i believe you would enjoy it ^-^