The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Other Boleyn Girl is an introspective novel that explores what life in the court of King Henry VIII must have been like. Philippa Gregory's descriptions of places and characters are vibrant and vivid. She portrays historical events through the eyes of characters who are fallible and human.

Mary and Anne Boleyn are normal girls who become caught up in the struggle for power. They are pressured by their family to win the favor of the king. At first, Mary is liked by the king, but then Anne maneuvers her way into his favor. While Mary believes that she truly loves the king, Anne has the ambition to be the next queen.

Gregory makes the reader pity Anne because she lacks someone who truly cares for her and feels hopeless. On the other hand, Mary chooses to do what she thinks is best for her despite the opposition of her family.

The Other Boleyn Girl is an excellent novel that takes the reader on a wonderful adventure of hope, rivalry, deceit, regret, and love.

Klammyt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:12 am
Yay! Nice to know I'm not the only one! I have loved Anne Boleyn since I was 6, and all my friends thought I was odd... :)

Hippiealien said...
Havn't read this but saw the movie,Now im on a hunt for this book!

Estefany L. said...
Sound interesting i really want to read it :)

boliviacookie27 said...
Looks good I want to read it now.

CowanQueen said...
I wanted to read this book.. and now I really do. but does it have a good ending?

Aelia said...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 10:27 am
I didn't read the book, but watched the movie. However, I've read a lot of Gregory's other books. She is an amzing writer and I love all of her books. Very good review.

Peace420 said...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 9:50 am
This is a amazing story!!!! When the movie was coming out I freaked!!!!!

blaague12 said...
I LOVE ANNE BOLEYN! I have loved her since I was 9 years of age, and I am now 14, close to 15. She is my favorite queen over any other, and she has my total admiration. So, of course, I had to read The Other Boleyn Girl. I think you summed the book wonderfully, and you made me want to read it again (though I have read it over 6 times).

kglroxs said...
This was an amazing book, i loved it and would soooooooo totally recomemnd it to anyone, i love all of the romance in it! even though this magazine could us some work!!

jessica08 said...
Mar. 4, 2009 at 6:11 am
this was a really good book.
i would recomend it to anyone.
:)

Taaaylor Xx3 said...
Great article! It makes me want to read this book.