The Road by Cormac McCarthey | Teen Ink

The Road by Cormac McCarthey

By Rachel Edelman BRONZE, Chesterfield, Missouri
Rachel Edelman BRONZE, Chesterfield, Missouri

The Road is a wildly lustrous novel, in which a world shadowed by darkness, violence, and intensity, is sustained by an undying love connection between father and son. It is irradiated with harsh emotions, bound to leave you with incitement to burn through each page.

The Road tells the story of a journey, with father and son, in a time when it seemed no hope remained. As they travel the road in the post-apocalyptic novel, what they will encounter is unimaginable, and devastating. Cannibalistic barbarians who will devour you in the blink of an eye, a barren wasteland once called Earth, now crawling with unpleasant surprises. The evil dark world oddly enough leaves behind a beautiful message, in which the boy and his father are preserved by love. Never have I read a more eloquent book. McCarthy’s work shows through, from the first to last word. I would without a doubt in my mind give this book a five star rating. Although I would consider the book, a more mature reader’s choice, for anyone who wants a devastating thrill, this is most definitely the book for you.