Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

By Rainshina SILVER, Chesterfield, Missouri
Rainshina SILVER, Chesterfield, Missouri

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the thrilling seventh and final book in J.K. Rowling’s wildly popular Harry Potter series. Winner of several Notable Children’s Books awards, it is an exciting novel of magic and adventure that will keep you glued to the pages.

Our three young heroes return to finish the battle with the evil Lord Voldemort. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are planning to skip their last year at Hogwarts and go on the hunt for Horcruxes, Voldemort’s last link to life. It will be difficult. It will be dangerous. One of them may have to sacrifice their life.

When a Weasely family wedding ends in attack by Death Eaters, the trio flees and takes to traveling the country in a tent, searching in vain for the elusive Horcruxes. This brings on weeks of deppressing camping and solid dead ends. They also learn of the legendary Deathly Hallows, three mystifying objects which, when united, will make the possessor master of Death itself. Will it be Hallows or Horcruxes? Will the three teenagers even manage to survive? Will Hermione’s cooking ever improve?

J.K. Rowling has written the perfect conclusion to her beloved series. This book is filled with vivid images, skillfully hidden humor, and, of course, Rowling’s storytelling magic. This book is reccommended for mature children and anyone who loves fantasy and adventure. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is a spellbinding final chapter for longtime fans of the series as well as those with new interest.