The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell | Teen Ink

The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell

By Holly_cheers GOLD, Hinton, West Virginia
Holly_cheers GOLD, Hinton, West Virginia

Me Gusta

“The Most Dangerous Game”, by Richard Connell, is a mysterious, and adventurous story, in which you are either rooting for the weaker person, or the strongest. In the beginning of this tale, Sanger Rainsford, a famous big-game hunter from New York City, tries to express indifference about animals not having feelings to his best friend, Whitney. That night, he falls off the yacht and swims to a mysterious and supposedly haunted island called, Ship-trap Island. There he meets two strange Cossacks, Ivan and General Zaroff. Zaroff shows nice hospitality towards Rainsford, as he is still waiting for rescue. During dinner, Zaroff tells Rainsford about the animals he hunts. Rainsford is very impressed, but he lost that feeling as soon as Zaroff told him that the animal he hunts was humans. From that point on, Rainsford has the option to either hunt, or be hunted. The whole time you read this story, you are hoping that Rainsford wins the game, even when he fails. Or either, you are hoping that the general finds Rainsford, and kills him.
I like this story because, I feel like it was an edge-of-your-seat kind of story. Connell does a wonderful job giving this story suspense and adventure. I would recommend this story to anyone who likes science-fiction, and adventure.