When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

Newberry Medal winner Rebecca Stead amazes us with an incredible, absorbing novel with a little friendship, a little love, and a lot of mystery. When You Reach Me is a medley of several different and random plotlines which come together into one amazingly told story.

It all centers around the main character, a sixth grader name Miranda, who’s life in New York begins to take strange turns, starting with her best friend Sal shutting her out after he gets punched by an eighth grader named Marcus. The emergency key to her apartment is stolen, and Miranda not only ends up having a truce with a rival, but also develops a sweet love interest as well as new friendships with different people.

Probably, the biggest turn in her current twelve-year-old life comes when she finds a note in her jacket, reading:

I am coming to save your friend’s life, and my own.

I ask two favors. First, you must write me a letter.

However, it’s not until the final note that Miranda realizes that it might be too late….or maybe not?
This brilliant and mysteriously told novel will take readers on a journey that holds a bewildering puzzle, making it an captivating, relaxing yet relaxing, and thoughtful read for people of all ages. The winner of the 2010 Newberry Medal, When You Reach Me is one highly recommended novel that you won’t forget anytime soon.

AMZING ME! said...
ur story was AMAZING! But it wus also really mysteriouse.!

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you!!!

super teen said...
I think that that is a mysterious article about miranda and i think that taht is a great article to show