The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

September 10, 2010
By Anonymous

Book Review for “The Last Song”

The purpose of this book review is to discuss the author’s use of conflict. The author of “The Last Song” is Nicholas Sparks. He uses conflict in a many different ways. The author’s treatment of the conflict is very affective. At the beginning of the story, Ronny is a teenager who reconnects with her father Steve after her parents go through a nasty divorce. Ronny took the divorce hard and gave up piano many years ago. She hasn’t seen her father in a couple years her and her little brother goes to stay with her father in California during the summer months.
The book involves baby sea turtles, love, and the loss of a father. When Ronny first arrives in California, she walks by the ocean and finds baby sea turtle eggs. She stays with the eggs all night to protect them from predators. The beach animal rescue comes in the morning to make sure the eggs are safe. She recognized the volunteer to be a guy named Will that she met the night before at a beach carnival. She was pleasantly surprised that he was a volunteer. They spend more time with each other and fall in love.
Ronny has stopped feuding with her father and plays piano again. She missed it and she was very wonderful at it. Her father was very proud of her and couldn’t ask for a better daughter. Steve was accused of burning down a church because he was playing the piano late one night. He loved that church. Ronny’s father became diagnosed with cancer and later passed away.