Haters by Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez

This book right here, is one of my favorite books of ALL TIME. It deals with a lot of real situations such as bullying, love, relationships, rumors, and definitely HIGH SCHOOL.

The book is called Haters, and yes, the title fits it perfectly. The main character in this book is named Paski. Paski isn't her real name, but that's what everyone calls her. She's from New Mexico, but has to move because her father gets an animation job elsewhere. They have to move from the beautiful, peaceful New Mexican landscape, to the overwhelming hustle and bustle of L.A. Paski must leave her friends, her psychic grandmother, and her crush. This is a move that she'll never forget.

When they make it to L.A., Paski doesn't feel like she fits in very well. She's not used to seeing flashy cars. She's not used to meeting girls who are more interested in their looks and boys, rather than making sure their oxygen intake is sufficient. And she's definitely not used to being "The Poor Apartment Girl" in school.When Paski gets to her new L.A. high school, she hears about The Haters. The most evil girls at Padre Loma High. Their leader, Jessica Nguyen, is the girlfriend of Paski's crush. Jessica definitely has it out for her, but Paski makes it through. She uses her psychic abilities to foresee the good, and the bad.

In the end, Paski makes it out on top. She has the boy, the famous dad, and almost everything a teenage girl could want. However, Jessica Nguyen definitely got a taste of her own medicine.

This is a great book. Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez really did a good job when it came to getting inside the teenage girl's mind. We can all relate to at least one thing in this book in someway or another. I promise that everyone will enjoy it, and I don't break my promises!

whoagirl said...
My friends kept telling me this book was so good, but to be honest i don't really see why. Its like when you are looking forward to a blind date and his picture portays him as someone smart and he turns out to be as dumb as a sack of peanuts. I thought this book was supposed to be about popular girls, something i could relate to, but then she spoke of these physic abilities and i began to think it was stupid. It just didnt go much with the rest of the story.

LuvKirstyn14 replied...
it's basically about the "weird" , unpopular girl pulling through and she uses her psychic abilities to help her do so.

Lilihua This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 13, 2010 at 8:17 am
Hee. I believe you! I'll make it a point to take a look at this novel. Although I WOULD have liked to hear a little bit more about her psychic abilities!

LuvKirstyn14 replied...
i wanted to talk about her psychic abilities in a very general way because one of the great things about this book is that you're not gonna know what she's going to foresee next, but definitely read it :)

Lilihua This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Gotcha. I'll be glad to know it.