Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Pride and Prejudice is a 19th century novel written by the english author Jane Austen. It tells the story of five sisters that, much as the other young girls in those days, had only one concern in the world: to find a suitable and amiable husband. The five sisters are nothing alike: Jane, the eldest, is the beauty of the family; Lizzy, the wittiest; Mary, always the buzz kill; and then there are the silly onews, Kitty and Lydia. So, all is well in the Bennet household until the day when a handsome and wealthy gentleman arrives in town! This triggers a series of events so funny, interesting and unexpected that this book never becomes boring. First of all it is well written and it allies a sense of historical reality with brilliant humour.
It is never dull so it's a good teens' reading, unlike other period books like Charles Dickens'.
In sum Jane Austen rules and no one can combine love stories, family life, up to date moral content and humour like she does.

mudpuppy said...

Sadly, my class didn't like the book, so my english teacher switch it with another book, just when I was really getting into it! :( But I find the book interesting and I plan on finishing it sometime soon. :)

As for your review, it was short and sweet without giving away the ending or anything that might spoiling it for anyone who hasn't read it or like me hasn't finish it.

never shout taylor said...
Aug. 19, 2010 at 9:47 am:
I Absolutly love this movie!!! if you like zombie and this book you should read pride prejudice and zombies!

AuntieG said...

Just like someone we know quite well!!! I like your review very much.What other skills?

I wish we could work together this year. 

HunterD said...
Good good, very good

SimplyBia replied...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 4:22 pm :
Thanks a lot :D

SimplyBia said...
Please feel free to post a comment and tell me what you think ;) Have you read this book? What did you think of it?