How to Defeat Your Own Clone by Kyle Kurpinski & Terry D. Johnson

Have you ever walked into work with your co-workers saying you've already checked in? Have you ever tried to cash a check, and the bank says you've already cashed it? How about your date dumping you, claiming that you dumped your soda on her? If so, you might have an evil clone. You should buy How To Defeat Your Own Clone and Other Tips for Surviving the Biotech Revolution, by Kyle Kurpinski and Terry D. Johnson. Unless your clone has already picked it up.

This book covers everything from popular misconceptions to bioenhancements, and, of course, how you should defeat your own clone. It also covers the (very) basics of microbiology. For example, a clone the same age as you is incredibly hard to do. And one with all your memories is nearly impossible. Plus, that would present many problems. If you know how to use nunchucks, your clone will have the memories of using nunchucks, but that doesn't mean she can use them.

While filled with scientific facts that get a bit boring after a while, the book is littered with jokes that make you chuckle. And some of the chapters are kind of monotonous. The last chapter, where you learn how to defeat your clone, is definitely the best.

Total Score: 3 1/2 of 5 Stars!

"Don't take a knife to a gunfight. Admit it, you've always wanted those nunchakus but you could never justify the purchase. Well, now's your chance. You want that cane with the sword hidden inside? Go ahead. How about that ridiculous-looking trident? Tasers, sniper rifles, Gatling guns, trebuchets--it's all fair game now. While your clone spends all his time training for a fistfight, he's gonna look pretty stupid when you show up in your amphibious assault vehicle. Actually, you'll both look pretty stupid, but at least you'll be the one driving a floating tank."

ilovewriting95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 25, 2010 at 11:27 am
Wow that book sounds really interesting. Great job on the review; I'll consider reading the book.

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
THis is a good review! I liked the excerpt at the end. Th first paragraph was really well-constructed, too. good work!