Of Mice and Men

Of Mice and Men is an outstanding novel .There are a lot of lessons to learn and themes that are shown. The two bindle stiffs are George and Lennie and they are best friends who travel together. Lennie got in trouble in Weed, and they ran away to another place they can work for the summer. They were late on the last day, but still started to work.

On the first day Curley did like Lennie. The main theme is hope. The hope of friendship. George and Lennie’s friendship is powerful and they act like two loving brothers that have nowhere to go. Lennie is like a blind man in a world of obstacles to dodge, but George is there to lead him. John Steinbeck is a wonderful writer. He was real descriptive about everything. I had a little movie in my head while reading this story. I think he writes the truth in his novels. I recommend reading all his stories but mostly this one. An innocent mortal was spared in the end, it wasn’t his fault. At the end, George and Lennie were talking by the river, about their dream of owning a farm with lots of lands. I found the ending wrong and rate the book with five stars

Paola C. said...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:59 am
I read this book a few weeks ago and I really did love it. It's a must-read classic.