Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian | Teen Ink

Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian

By G_Dieffenbach BRONZE, Seattle, Washington
G_Dieffenbach BRONZE, Seattle, Washington

Same Difference is a book about a girl named Emily. She lives in a suburb called Cherry Grove, where all anyone wants is to fit in and be popular. Her summers usually consist of hanging out with her best friend Meg, tanning, and going to the pool. But that is not what Emily wants to do this summer. She wants to do something different. She is tired of trying to be perfect and the same as everyone else. So she goes to an art program in Philadelphia, where everyone wants to be different.

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well very relatable, which made the book much more interesting. The book was written in first person, and the character Emily had a really good voice. Her descriptions of how she felt made things seem more real and made me feel however she was feeling. She definitely had a defined personality that the author stuck with throughout the whole story. Although, as the story went on, the character started to find herself, and so the voice changed accordingly, in a believable way. I would recommend this book to anyone.