Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter. Of course, everyone has read it. Right? Except for me. As soon as I picked up this book in the eighth grade, I was astounded at how it sucked me in. I read it all in one sitting, because I couldnt put it down. It is a very well written tale, and Rowling does a superb job weaving it throughout the world as we know it. She left me subtle hints to sold the mystery of the three-headed dog, and I felt myself one of the three; Harry, Hermione, and Ron, solving the mystery with them.

Harry Potter takes place in the modern Muggle world. Muggles, As they are called, are people with no magical powers. Harry has no idea that he is a wizard until Hagrid, a very larg wizard with a booming voice, comes to his door. He soon learns that he was abandoned on the Muggles doorsteps that he know lives with. They are the Dursleys. And they are awful. Harry is more than happy to be told he is going to be attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. The Dursleys, enraged that Harry now knows his parents were killed by the greatest Dark Wizard of all time, Put up a fight. Until their son sprouts a piggy tail.

At Hogwarts, Harry, Hermione, and Ron must discover what is happening in the room in the third cooridoor. Because in that room is something beyone their wildest dreams.

jbutterfly10 said...
I love Harry Potter. I liked this a lot. It's a lot better then Twilight.