The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

By Rheanna BRONZE, Lynnwood, Washington
Rheanna BRONZE, Lynnwood, Washington

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is one of the greatest books I’ve ever read. From the first word of chapter one to the bold “End of book one,” I was hooked on it. I’m not positive one what part of the book got to me the most, but what I do know is that I was so addicted to it; I stayed up till three in the morning just to finish it.

Suzanne Collins is a great author. While reading the book I was really able to connect well with the situations of those living District 12 of Panem. She wrote in the perspective of a sixteen years old girl named Katniss who lives in the poorest of districts in Panem, District 12. In the story Katniss is forced to compete in what is called “the Hunger Games” in this post-apocalyptic world in a battle for her life, literally. The idea seemed so surreal that it didn’t seem like that much of a believable story, but I was amazed at how attached to the story I was. I was addicted to finding out more about each character, and learning about the peculiar ways of these strange people that enjoy watching people being killed on television, and finding out where Collins brings the plot next.

It was, in simplicity, a terrific page turner. The Hunger Games is one of those books that if you left at your bedside table with a bookmark in between chapters, would taunt you till you stop whatever else you’re doing and just read and read and read. There were so many surprising events in the story that it makes it impossible not to gasp or widen your eyes. Also, while the people in the book seem to be living in a world so far-fetched from ours, you’ll come to see that their world and ours has a lot more common ground than you’d think.

Basically, The Hunger Games is a great read that won’t fail to disappoint you. So if you have some free time and you’re looking for some adventure, the land of the Hunger Games is just a page away.

aks_5 SILVER said...
aks_5 SILVER, Oak Forest, Illinois

Never take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyways.

A great book, I cannot wait until the third one comes out!

Also, I wonderful review. Nice job!