Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

By kerrinx3 BRONZE, Stony Brook, New York
kerrinx3 BRONZE, Stony Brook, New York

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

If you enjoy reading books that are suspenseful, romantic and full of fantasy characters, then Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer is the book for you. Eclipse is the third book in the Twilight Saga. It continues the story of Bella who now has to choose between her love for Edward, the vampire, and her friendship with Jacob, the werewolf. To understand this book, you should read the first two books, Twilight and New Moon.

Eclipse is basically the romantic book so the primary focus of the novel involves Bella, Edward, and Jacob’s relationship. Bella and Jacob have always been close friends, while Bella and Edward are boyfriend and girlfriend. The problem is that Jacob falls in love with Bella, but Bella is only in love with Edward, for now. All through the pages, there’s not only romance and tension, but there is also an impending vampire threat.

This book is like a soap opera extended into 628 pages. Throughout the story, there are many thrills, chills, surprises, and a lot of passionate romance.

Eclipse is written for young adults. I thought it was a good read, but I liked the first book, Twilight, better. I’m very excited to read the fourth and final book because it might turn out to be my favorite out the series. I would recommend this book along with the rest of the Twilight Saga to anyone interested in a romantic fantasy about humans, werewolves and vampires.