Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz | Teen Ink

Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz MAG

June 3, 2010
By Saiyori BRONZE, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Saiyori BRONZE, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Stormbreaker is an action-packed adventure about a teenage spy. Set in London, as well as a computer factory, it is the story of one boy's determination to save the world.

Fourteen-year-old Alex Rider thinks he is an average teen­ager, until the day his uncle dies. Alex then discovers that the rich uncle who raised him was not the banker he thought, but a British spy. Once this is revealed, Alex is drawn into a world of secrets and spies, missions and gadgets, danger and death. In order to save millions of children from a type of smallpox, Alex is forced into an organization he wants no part of. He becomes a young James Bond!

Anthony Horwitz is a great writer. His use of sarcasm, dry humor, and teen angst – combined with his articulate use of language and insight into the teen mind – result in an amazing story. It's a real cliffhanger that had me on edge the whole time. It's an adventure you won't soon forget.

I think everyone should read Stormbreaker, especially if you're an action-adventure fan. Anyone who likes James Bond will love this book.


The author's comments:
this is one of my favorite books and one of my favorite series. I just LOVE this kind of story!