twisted

Twisted is a book that explores one boy’s struggle. It is written for teenagers and adults. The book is a first person narrative.
The book opens with the central character, Tyler, doing community service for vandalism. As you read you discover Tyler’s Dad is stressed out about work, his parent’s marriage is on the rocks, and his sister is seriously ready to join the “in crowd” in high school. Tyler also has a crush on a girl that doesn’t really pay attention to him.
Tyler is trying to live down his bad boy reputation. But, after a series of very dramatic events involving a bully and a party gone wrong, Tyler finds himself in even more trouble than before.
At the end of the novel Tyler stands up to his father, the bully, Chip, and finally starts making his own decisions at school. He also helps his Mom find herself again.

I rate this book 5 stars because I liked it a lot .

staciaroo said...
the end didn't give you a straight anwser.  its one of those "its up to the reader" anwsers.  they drive me insane but until that i loved the book.  it just struck me as a little pointless.

hiddenpoet said...
Amazing book by an amazing author, which is Laurie Halse Anderson.