the fifth diamond | Teen Ink

the fifth diamond

By ldrmmg BRONZE, Huntington, West Virginia
ldrmmg BRONZE, Huntington, West Virginia

The fifth diamond is a book about the holocaust, Irene Weisberg Zisblatt wrote this book telling her story. She lived threw the holocaust, threw losing her family and having to start over.
The holocaust was very scary but real. All the Jews got sent off to a concentration camp; Irene was a teenager when all this took place. Her and her family got slip apart; she kept her mother’s necklace in memory of her. That day was the last day she saw her mother. She woke up everyday not knowing what was going to happen to her and not knowing weather she was going to eat or not.
The holocaust was very sad. Many people were killed. Lots of people were tested and some didn’t survive it. Babies were taken from their mothers and fathers. This book was a very good book telling a story that really happened and some of the stuff that went on you can’t believe or maybe don’t want to believe.
I recommend this book to anyone, reading this book makes you think about a lot of things, this book made me more great full for what I have and to realize how my life could be.