Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Sep. 25 2012 at 9:48 am
Great! I like some statements of the author.

Ananya BRONZE said...
on Sep. 3 2012 at 8:52 am
Ananya BRONZE, Mumbai, Other

"If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life thinking it's stupid"- Albert Einstien

I really agree withh your point of view.. The review doesnt tell me what is so special about Twilight and  why i should read it

purpledancer said...
on Aug. 31 2012 at 8:12 pm
purpledancer, Methuen, Massachusetts

Don't worry about what people think they don't do it often.

I know. It's so sad mabey she will finish it another time. she should because the only reason the Hunger games ca out when it did was because Twilight is ending if she wrote the book it wouldn't end and they would be proven wrong.

Austin365 said...
on Aug. 31 2012 at 11:20 am
Austin365, Ehrhardt, South Carolina

"Expectations only go as high as you set them"

WoW very well writen!!!

on Aug. 31 2012 at 8:54 am
ShannonLaDieu SILVER, Waycross, Georgia

The best part of beauty is that no picture can express- Loren blake Chosen House of Night serise
mee-uf-ow!- Nala(Zoey's Cat) House of night Books
since when has public making-out become a turn-on for you?- Zoey Redbird

I cant belive shes not gonna finish the book though. She needs to its amazing from the beginning.

purpledancer said...
on Aug. 14 2012 at 11:08 pm
purpledancer, Methuen, Massachusetts

I couldn't have said it better myself. Oh and to get more info Stephanie Meyer posted her unfinished rough draft of Midnight sun. This book is Twilight in Edwards point of view.

Lacer GOLD said...
on Aug. 10 2012 at 1:32 pm
Lacer GOLD, Highland Village, Texas

The thing about philosophy is that it often runs dry when thought of so shallowly.

My dear,  reviw should be you pointing out what is good about a story, and WHY that is good about the story. You have simply told me, "It is good" and gave points. Back up those points; WHY is Meyer's writing so good? What style is it written in? I it a difficult style? Is the stylwe easy to read? Creative? Original? Tell me, what is good about the characters? Are they orignal, or are gthey clever stereotypes? Do they interact well, or is part of the stories better points its conflict? Why is the Cullen family name significant? You can't simply throw me information, back it up, sit down and explain it. We all have time.

zainebafra. said...
on Aug. 8 2012 at 10:20 pm
it teaches us wats life befor we get in to it...................

schuy PLATINUM said...
on May. 19 2012 at 7:27 am
schuy PLATINUM, Chatham, Virginia

"Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion." ~Rumi

This review is excellently written, I admit, but I was personally disgusted with the Twilight saga. The vampire/werewolf phenomenon has been overdone in so many ways throughout the years. I also found Bella extremely nauseating in the way she whined until she got what she want, and basically went into hibernation mode when her 100-year-old boyfriend left her in the 2nd book. There's no message in these novels except the following-- get married when you're 17.

on May. 16 2012 at 6:15 pm
Princess-Maple BRONZE, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
I read these books and no offense to those twilight lovers, but it was awful. The themes were for middle schoolers, but I could've understood it in first grade. Yes, it was a good idea, but it wasn't original. A traditional love triangle, with a little paranormality added into it. I wrote an alternate ending to twilight in the same style Stephanie Meyer did, and I'm waiting for it to be posted on TI and I'm in seventh grade so if I can write as good as she can, thats a problem.

schan GOLD said...
on May. 9 2012 at 1:24 am
schan GOLD, Taipei, Other

“Let us permit nature to have her way. She understands her business better than we do.”
-Michel de Montaigne

Preach. 

KatsK DIAMOND said...
on Apr. 24 2012 at 5:33 pm
KatsK DIAMOND, Saint Paul, Minnesota

Being inexhaustible, life and nature are a constant stimulus for a creative mind.
~Hans Hofmann
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
~Ray Bradbury

"Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?" Mary Shelley (Frankenstein the Modern Prometheus), and 150 years earlier, as a matter of fact. It's not really a new idea.

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Apr. 24 2012 at 7:48 am
FULLSTOP GOLD, Skipton, North Yorkshire, Other

forever and ever and ever and ever will never be enough

twilight/ harry potter/ the vampire diaries are all on equal scales of awesomeness

on Apr. 2 2012 at 6:51 pm
Distant_Freedom DIAMOND, Nowhere, Pennsylvania

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

I didn't have to read twilight to know that it was a bad book. It took so much content from Harry Potter.

on Apr. 2 2012 at 6:48 pm

But wait until you actually meet a real werewolf. You'll see how they truly are.

butterfly123 said...
on Apr. 2 2012 at 1:19 am
butterfly123, Banglore, Other

hey! i love the way you have properly analyzed the book to give a such a good review but on the other hand i dont think it is applicable for the twilight saga because i had to force myself through the all the books.

god`sgirl said...
on Mar. 28 2012 at 1:45 pm
this is the best book ever the whole series is i luv were-wolfs .....go team jacob

on Mar. 23 2012 at 10:28 pm
golovashkina GOLD, Berkeley, California
I couldn't agree with you more! This review is better than the book itself.

on Feb. 18 2012 at 10:09 pm
Jennarator GOLD,

"Always remain positive, if it doesn't make you feel better, it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort"

Your reveiw was well written, however I disagree with your point of veiw. Twilight was an awful series, and I don't see what the big deal about it was. But, the way you wrote your reveiw almost made me side with you....almost.

on Feb. 15 2012 at 8:07 pm
DreamChaser28 SILVER, San Mateo, California

Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect.

Haha, I feel the same way. I read the first three books all because everyone else loved them and I felt I had to love them too. Nice review, though.