Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Smarticals101 said...
I thought it was an awesome book, and I am actually reading the fourth one now.
lover12345 said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:19 am
i kinda feel that exact way . Bella acted like a crazed stalker thru the whole series .
lover12345 said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:18 am
i never liked twilight , but i loved all the other books . now i know your wondern how can you not like the first book & like all the rest well breaking dawn & new moon & eclipse wer all about action , love and everything i like twilight had none of those things .
bigsmile123 said...
I thought that the book was FANTABULOUS! I love Edward... and VAMPIRES! I WISH I WAS ONE! :/
lover12345 replied...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:22 am
no you dont . Did you see there struggle . i love werwolves ( spellcheck)
Bookworm1997 said...
When I read Twilight, I felt like I had to force myself through it because everyone else loved it. This was not the case. Twilight is a poor imitation of many preceding blockbuster YA series. I have always been turned off by Bella's pathetic need for Edward. The review was an exemplary example of reviews even if I disagree with it.
DreamChaser28 replied...
Haha, I feel the same way. I read the first three books all because everyone else loved them and I felt I had to love them too. Nice review, though.
GhrenqiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I didn't have to read twilight to know that it was a bad book. It took so much content from Harry Potter.
WintersRevenge said...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:42 am
Nicely written review, but I hate this book. I got four chapters in before I had to put the book down. It was just SO BAD.
WintersRevenge replied...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:52 am
Oh, and Robert Pattinson himself said that the only role he ever really enjoyed playing was Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter. You know it's bad when the actor who plays the main character doesn't even like it.
Bluekit said...
Fantastic review
babysteps said...
Well written. I like your sense of humor. I do think you could have added a little more in parts for example: The dream, what was that about i'm very curious!
dylanlane6 said...
dont like this
PRDGirl94 said...
Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:49 am
i think this book good at same points and same bad but i think the movie make them look like a farily tale which make young people like 5 to 10 or other people belieive that we all should be vampires.
beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Not to jump on the I-hate-Twilight-and-it's-so-overrated bandwagon, I feel that the directors and producers are way too focused on Bella and Edward's undying and true love, but then again, the whole star-crossed lovers thing is very popular right now. But these people working on the movies prey on those sort of things to sell more tickets. The actual plot is lost in the movie. I read the books back when they first came out, and I couldn't wait to read them when they hit the shelves. I even got m... (more »)
PinkiTink14 said...
i completely disagree with BlueRain. this book was magical for me and many other teenage girls lusting after the manly, charming, thoughtful and forbidden role that Robert Pattinson played so beautifully. It isn't wrong to want something more than reading, wishing to be whisked away by something supernatural that can't be stopped. i loved it.
BlueRain replied...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 9:02 am
Do we really want 10 year old girls to be openly lusting after a 26 year old? Or 40 year old moms who should be in love with the person they married? And exactly who tried to stop them? The Volturi? They barely did anything. Edward's family? Nope. Bella's family? Nope, because she completely blocked them out from everything. Jacob? Yeah he proclaimed his love, which (as you find out) was only because he had a physic connection to Bella's future child. So it ends up being that the only thing ke... (more »)
WintersRevenge replied...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:45 am
Thank you for the totally relevant Harry Potter quote there. I think I love you.
BlueRain replied...
Dumbledore's philosophy just fits too well :)
WynterrX replied...
I really loved Twilight and the movie! The second one wasn't as great, but Eclipse I thought was really awesome. Haven't read Breaking Dawn yet.