Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

yelsha11 said...
Dec. 12, 2008 at 2:13 am:
cute book

Hannah said...
I've loved the Twilight series before it got so annoyingly famous. Everyone used to tell me Twilight was stupid when they never read it, years ago. And now that its all over MTV everyone acts like they're the biggest fan when they're not.
I am proud to say I MET Stephenie Meyer two years ago, before she got so famous.

kiwiforever!! said...
Awesome review!! i love the twilight series! at first, i didn't even want to read it cut then i was hooked

Anonymous said...
Dec. 10, 2008 at 1:35 am:
OM Gosh! I am so reading the Twilight series now!

zb said...
ok this book is goood i dont really read and i couldnt stop with this boook but pppl are taking it toooo far like falling in love wiht vampired and this book being the only thing in ur life like come on and get a life read the boook but dont live it

twilight(edward) lover said...
This book is an amazing book!! My friends and i have a funny joke about almost every page from every book! i think that stephenie meyer has caused a revolution and that is a good thing because when i read this book it took like ten times for my sister jessica to get my attention. ANd even after she did i looked away and kept reading my book. I have tried to get my little bro into reading it but he says its more of a chick flick and that hed rather not. WHAT A LOSER! Just kidding but yeah great a... (more »)

geraldinebeans said...
i love this book its pretty spiffy.

mickeymouse101 said...
Nov. 19, 2008 at 1:53 am:
First, just let me say that whoever doesn't like Twilight is a complete idiot. There I said it. Meyer has created a revolution and if you don't like it, you can comment back to me.

rachel l. said...
i luiv twilight its my favorite series. i hate the fact that im almost done with the series. im starting the host but i dont know what else to read.

behindyou said...
Nov. 17, 2008 at 5:47 am:
Well it WAS good entertainment and easy reading for me, but not very much else. It seems the main reason for reading this series is that everyone else is reading it. And Twilight vampires are definitely not the only definition of vampires.

not telling said...
Nov. 17, 2008 at 3:38 am:
Dear Author of Twilight, you may think i am going to talk lovely and respectabley about twilight....THINK AGAIN! Hello wake up. please add a little adventure in the first page!!!! and did i mention that your stupid fairy tale made my friend never want to talk to me again! Are you trying to ruin my life? If i were you I would start a new series and make it good by the first sentence. No more quiet settings! More exciting and loud okay? Twilight was the worst thing that ever happen to me b... (more »)

HelloGoodbye replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 11:36 am :
I fully agree with your opinion on the book, but I must ask... if your friend would shove you away because of a book, is she really your friend?

i _love _twilight_! said...
Nov. 17, 2008 at 12:06 am:
i used to be absolutly terrified of vampires!!!!
once i read an artical about vampirs, and i couldn't sleep because i was afraid that a vampire would come in the middle of the night and... eat me, or bite me, or whatever you want to call it.
but now that i have read the seires i'm not sared anymore.
i know edward isn't, and i don't
belive in vampires, but..... oh god! i have fallen in love with a charicter in a book!... great... anyway, ic can't wait untill the movie... (more »)

tootsierolla said...
Yoooo... Twilight is an amazing book. Instead of having scary blood sucking vampires, it focuses on the romantic story of a beautiful vampire. who some how falls in love with a normal teenage girl. This book makes many teenagers feel like they could be in the position of bella. Who wouldnt want to have a beautiful vampire as a boyfriend?... I would....lol

harrypotterfangirl said...
i have read all of the twilight books and enjoyed all of them. they are so good and stephenie meyer is an amazing author. and just for the record, there are gorgeous vampires roaming the world!!!

dramatizeme said...
Twililight is an amazing and well written book. I have never been so happy to be reading in my life. Stephenie Meyer has a way of making you not want to put the book down.

Paigeumms said...
Well, I think the book as a whole was awesome! It was great. The only problem I had was that I could flip through and find tiny gramatical errors, which upset me a bit. I think that kind of takes away from the books. The plot and everything else was great though :)

CJ_Punky said...
I love all the books, can't wait till the film comes out, the ending of breaking sucks a lil bit but it's still great, anyone heard any news about midnight sun??

Elli said...
While I do appreciate my peers' opinions, I strongly dislike Twilight. The adjectives are overdone, the ending is pathetic (everybody lives happily ever after without consequence), and the antagonists are badly developed. They have little reason to pursue Bella, and are ultimately classified as the cliched Disney villains. Bella is much too dependent on Edward, and Edward is... sparkly. He is overly concerned with the safety of Bella, and while that may be endearing, it is also annoying. As Meye... (more »)

MarinaE22 said...
OMG!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK! It is absolutely the most fabulous book ever. To tell you the truth, I did not want to read it! My friends forced me, and I absolutely fell in love. You know a book is good if it changes your whole perspective! Oh, and someone said that teens don't read any other books or something like that. Hon, the only reason my friends made me read this is because I had read almost all the YA books in my local bookstore!!!