Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Mellisa said...
This is a really good book. I don't like to read but it was a eye catching book. The movie was awesome.
BellaLuna said...
I loved the series. it took the movie for me to even find out about it but i am proud 2 report i read the book before seeing the movie. have u heard abt the awine flu outbreak? well, now we need Carlisle to help us! lol. well, i loved the book and this was a great review cnt wait 4 new moon! its like a feast for out eyes.....
ghostgirl1994 said...
Apr. 24, 2009 at 12:07 am
To start off: you did a good review. And I agree that there are several reasons this series is so popular. For one thing, it has massive emotional appeal. The thought of someone inherently bad being good is attractive to many. Throw in the fact that he's gorgeous and oh so innocent, and you've got yourself a bestseller. However, I think it's important that we remember that the forbidden fruit only tastes the best at first. Bella will have to watch her friends and family die.
All ... (more »)
willmadicfit said...
i hate to read but the movie was ok
taylor price said...
omg i love edward he's so hot i wish i cld marry him!!!
fefe Brooks said...
The Twilight saga was some of the best books i have ever read! I am obsessed! I cant wait for New Moon To come out In november of 2009. I am a big supporter! Stephenie Meyer is a great Author! I would love to see more series from her! ILY Edward Cullun!!!!!
Codaa said...
Never read the book, But the movie was Ahmazing (:
rednec said...
well,this book is barfar
A-MAY-ZINGGG!! i never liked vampires or the whole thought of liking them until...TWILIGHT♥ ilovethisbooookkk!!!!
CriticalReview said...
Mar. 29, 2009 at 5:00 am
I understand where that people like these books, but this isn't much of a review. It's more like a teen rant about their unadulterated love for the series. I'd like to see some actual critique. Also, Twilight is anything but well written. I think that as a reviewer, you aren't doing justice to your readers by giving them the information you did.
Katey91 replied...
This review was meant as my own opinion! Hence it is called a review. Its suppose to get people to want to read the books, not to "warn them". if i loved it, i'm obviously not going to say anything bad about it
Descant This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
"Who wouldnt want to have a beautiful vampire as a boyfriend?" does not make a great book. It makes a fluffy wish-fulfillment book. Which is fine, if the writer is not an insult to the English language. I like purple prose -- done well. This is not.
Allaboutlyf said...
Mar. 18, 2009 at 1:26 am
wow! great review! couldn't have said it better myslf! I'm totally in love w/ the whole series! *sigh* Edward Cullen...
britt2009 said...
ohhmygodd. i loved this book. it was amazing. i never could put it down.
xoABBIExo said...
I love this book!!!!!!!!
pretty9 said...
I love these story so much
i know who i am said...
Mar. 7, 2009 at 3:54 am
First: good review. It was well written.

Second: everyone, don't diss people because of their views. everyone is arguing when it should be more debating.

Third: I read Twilight. I read it BEFORE it because popular. I like the IDEA. It's interesting to have a new take on vampires. I didn't like Stephanie Meyer's writing style. Her descriptions are dry and there are many mistakes. It took so much away from a book that otherwise might've been good. She did m... (more »)
edwardtem13 said...
Okay, i have to admit at first i was so against the twilight saga ONLY because of how popular it was. I like to be different and not act like everyone else. so i completely just blew off twilight. And i thought Edward was the worst thing ever to happen to the world. But then my cousin (who was reading the book) kept bugging me to read the dang book. she kept telling me i would like it because of the fact it was about vampires. so i caved and read it. turned out i LOVE the book.i think i am the ... (more »)
Beka G. said...
This book was completely disgusting. It was horrible. The fact that so many people are in love with this series makes me lose hope in humanity.
layla-clapton said...
I thought this book needed a LOT of work when I first read it. I didn't like it at all. I actually gave up on about the first few chapters and read the end. (which I daresay--didn't like.) twas to sterotypical.
team edward 101 said...