Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Descant This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22, 2009 at 12:03 pm:
"Who wouldnt want to have a beautiful vampire as a boyfriend?" does not make a great book. It makes a fluffy wish-fulfillment book. Which is fine, if the writer is not an insult to the English language. I like purple prose -- done well. This is not.

Allaboutlyf said...
Mar. 18, 2009 at 1:26 am:
wow! great review! couldn't have said it better myslf! I'm totally in love w/ the whole series! *sigh* Edward Cullen...

britt2009 said...
Mar. 16, 2009 at 1:50 pm:
ohhmygodd. i loved this book. it was amazing. i never could put it down.

xoABBIExo said...
Mar. 12, 2009 at 11:42 pm:
I love this book!!!!!!!!

pretty9 said...
Mar. 9, 2009 at 4:04 pm:
I love these story so much

i know who i am said...
Mar. 7, 2009 at 3:54 am:
First: good review. It was well written.

Second: everyone, don't diss people because of their views. everyone is arguing when it should be more debating.

Third: I read Twilight. I read it BEFORE it because popular. I like the IDEA. It's interesting to have a new take on vampires. I didn't like Stephanie Meyer's writing style. Her descriptions are dry and there are many mistakes. It took so much away from a book that otherwise might've been good. She did m... (more »)

edwardtem13 said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 10:35 pm:
Okay, i have to admit at first i was so against the twilight saga ONLY because of how popular it was. I like to be different and not act like everyone else. so i completely just blew off twilight. And i thought Edward was the worst thing ever to happen to the world. But then my cousin (who was reading the book) kept bugging me to read the dang book. she kept telling me i would like it because of the fact it was about vampires. so i caved and read it. turned out i LOVE the book.i think i am the ... (more »)

Beka G. said...
Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:02 pm:
This book was completely disgusting. It was horrible. The fact that so many people are in love with this series makes me lose hope in humanity.

layla-clapton said...
Feb. 22, 2009 at 3:06 pm:
I thought this book needed a LOT of work when I first read it. I didn't like it at all. I actually gave up on about the first few chapters and read the end. (which I daresay--didn't like.) sorry...it twas to sterotypical.

team edward 101 said...
Feb. 19, 2009 at 11:43 pm:
AHHHHHH I LOVE THIS BOOK ...... ITS SO COOL :) GO TEAM EDWARD

~~~Persephone-of-the-River-Styx~~~ said...
Feb. 10, 2009 at 8:20 pm:
Twilight is amazing! Thank you for that well written review.

jessrbuck said...
Feb. 6, 2009 at 7:04 am:
Twilight is truly a amazing book, its far from just a story about vampires. I read this book in 3 days, I could not put it down. I suggest this book to anyone who wants to read.

shamatey737 said...
Feb. 3, 2009 at 12:00 pm:
Twilight is amazing. And I assume that the people who are making the negative comments have either read the book or clicked to read the review and to leave a bad comment, which I find as shallow as you seem to find Twilight.
The Twilight saga is all about making people dream. Vampires don't exist and we know it but now we wish they did because of someone's beautiful imagination. And if Stephanie Meyer wishes to make people dream and be happy then it proves that she is a great autho... (more »)

izey said...
Feb. 2, 2009 at 9:06 pm:
I loved Twilight!! When i started reading it i could'nt stop! i just kept going and going until i was done! I read all 4 books in less than 1 month

thebluehour said...
I love Twilight. I hate how famous it's gotten, because now people are reading it because it's popluar. I read it about two months after it came out. My best friend picked it up at Barnes and Noble, and I was officially hooked. I disagree with people who think it's shallow and boring. It's wonderfully written!

Kelly said...
Jan. 19, 2009 at 5:48 am:
I love the Twilight series i have already finished all for books. I rember when i was in the book stors and saw twilight i picked it up and read the back of it and thought that because it had Vampiers in it that it was going to be another stupid boring book but boy was i WRONG i sherrly learned to not judge a book by its cover!

destinee said...
Should I tell you how she managed to turn an elegant Dracula into an..ugh...Cullen? By describing Edward as beautiful and god-like every other second. It was worse than annoying. It was pathetic.

Ami said...
Jan. 10, 2009 at 4:28 am:
FAIL.
I hate to disagree with your well-written (albeit shallow) review, but I simply must.

This is a dimestore novel. Throw Fabio on the cover with a pretty damsel and you have Twilight.

The characters are cardboard cutouts (using fanfiction terms: Mary Sue's). The plot is virtually nonexistent, thrown into the last third of the book as if it were an afterthought.

Purple prose dominates the writing. Many words are used incorrectly, as if the auth... (more »)

Sarahmazzingg said...
this is an amazing book. Especially for you people who don't really like reading. If you love to read i wholeheartedly suggest GONE WITH THE WIND.

teensytoes said...
people keep saying that all us teens read this book because everyone else is reading it.
well my MOM told me about this book. i didn't even know that it was so famous.
well maby you are right. all teens read this book because everyone else did. but that dosn't count me. i'm 12. not a teen yet.
\you people are like jealus or something. she wrote a book. it was really good. it got famous. everyone read it because they wanted to know what the big fuss was. they liked it.
... (more »)