Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Apr. 27 2011 at 7:43 am
BridgetND BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana

I love Twilight! i saved and saved to buy the books and movies. i can't wait for Breaking Dawn. i hope its great and does the book justice =] 

on Apr. 18 2011 at 12:40 pm
ShannonLaDieu SILVER, Waycross, Georgia

The best part of beauty is that no picture can express- Loren blake Chosen House of Night serise
mee-uf-ow!- Nala(Zoey's Cat) House of night Books
since when has public making-out become a turn-on for you?- Zoey Redbird

Well in my opinion I belive twilight is an amazing serise that is for girls who enjoy vamps

on Apr. 17 2011 at 4:57 am
Mystisha BRONZE, Mumbai, Other

Nice one!!...yea Stephenie Meyer has done a gr8 job..I mean wen i was readin tis buk i was all into it..afta readin it 4 sum days i even tried 2 act like bella swan..nd wished 2 get a guy like Edward..:P

Nd yea the buk is way betta dan d movie..!!..:) 

AndyD said...
on Apr. 16 2011 at 9:37 am
AndyD, University Park, Maryland

Once in a while you trip. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, you fly.

Thanks for a great review!

on Apr. 14 2011 at 5:21 pm
marissalynn. BRONZE, Pendelton, Indiana

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."
-The Notebook

finally some one else who agrees ! I thought the exact thing when i saw the movie. i just hope breaking dawn is a little bit better. 

writ3r BRONZE said...
on Apr. 13 2011 at 7:16 am
writ3r BRONZE, Rockville, Maryland

"unfortunate" or "sweet stakes"

does any one else feel blown that the movie does this book no justice i mean the actors were awful. and in the book edward was like my husband. but in the movie the only think i took interest in jacob and his shirtless body.

Taneei said...
on Apr. 8 2011 at 7:12 pm
Yet another captivating review. Very impressive. 5 stars

mmb16 said...
on Apr. 6 2011 at 1:20 pm
mmb16, Newton, North Carolina

I don't start working 'till the coffee does! ;D

I love the series btw  :)

mmb16 said...
on Apr. 6 2011 at 1:19 pm
mmb16, Newton, North Carolina

Unless you've read the books, you can't say it's a bad book and that is just a review...why don't you find out for yourself if the book sounds bad, because you a little too opinionated to say anything  

fghfghdfgh said...
on Apr. 4 2011 at 9:31 pm
well your review was pretty bad but that has something to do with the fact that i hate twilight.stephany myers is the worst writer EVER i have never red a worse book than twilight.

on Apr. 2 2011 at 12:36 am
musicispassion PLATINUM, Perris, California

" Life is never easy for those who dream."
There are so many other quotes i need pages to write them

I loved twilight but it loses something towatds the end bubt it's an amazing story line.

on Mar. 31 2011 at 9:38 pm
agreed this review is pretty bad too if you ask me..

on Mar. 24 2011 at 12:38 pm
VKarcich BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia
I've heard peoples opinions about Twilight, the good and the bad. I've been wanting to read this book for a while now but after reading this review i'm sure i'm missing out on something good.

on Mar. 24 2011 at 12:37 pm
nowwegotsometing, Sterling, Virginia
I have never read this book but after reading this it looks like sonthing i might be intrested in reading

Aderes47 GOLD said...
on Mar. 23 2011 at 3:22 pm
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

I don't see all the hype about Twilight. It's an OK book. It's not the best. 

on Mar. 18 2011 at 12:13 pm
I liked this book. I would like to read it again. The best

on Mar. 18 2011 at 12:12 pm
This book sucks  nobody cares about vampires.

czda said...
on Mar. 18 2011 at 12:07 pm
i think i will read this book sometime

desmiree said...
on Mar. 18 2011 at 11:52 am
desmiree, Elkins, West Virginia
That was a very good reveiw I love the Twlight series and I love the movies to!

jroxx96 BRONZE said...
on Mar. 17 2011 at 9:36 am
jroxx96 BRONZE, Chester, Massachusetts

"oh hell no"

yeah totally my friends hate the series but i love it