Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

By Katey Tilney, San Jose, CA

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Lynnies said...
on Jun. 5 2011 at 7:55 pm
Lynnies, Corvallis, Oregon

be yourself, everyone else is taken.

I really enjoyed twilight. But eclispe absolutely frustrated me. I mean jacob did ! He changed so much in the books it stunned me. Arghh, but other than that I really loved the books :)

on Jun. 5 2011 at 5:59 pm
Musicfeedsthesoul07 PLATINUM, Naperville, Illinois

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. " - Bill Gates

My friend used to be obsessed with Twilight...

Last year I let her borrow my copy of Dracula and all the seasons of Buffy and she never went back to Edward :)

on Jun. 5 2011 at 5:56 pm

Lolz! I agree both it would be more like:

Review: 4 stars

Book: -4 stars

on Jun. 5 2011 at 5:54 pm

I care about vampires, just not sparkly ones...

In my opinion, Buffy should've staked Edward a while ago...DRACULA FTW!!! 

Real vampires (and real men for that matter...) DON'T sparkle. 

gigglesalot said...
on Jun. 5 2011 at 7:13 am
i am a bit of a fan 'n' all, but seriouly its just a book, there are so many people freakin' out ova the series, i think they are wasting their time!

lollies said...
on Jun. 5 2011 at 7:07 am
i think you should read the rest of the books before you make an opinion on how Stephanie should have stuck with twilght, i stopped at chapter 3-4 when i read newmoon to, but i eventually started reading it to the end and it was alright, but newmoon is te worst book out of all 4, but i encourage you to read them all, newmoon does get beter as you go along it just a bit boring half way through.:)

lollies said...
on Jun. 5 2011 at 6:58 am
i care about vampires!!!! and the review is really good. :)

rrrrh! said...
on Jun. 5 2011 at 6:53 am
Steph is a excelent writter, obviously her style of writting is not of your liking, but that doesnt mean you have to put her down.

Ashley1995 said...
on Jun. 1 2011 at 10:04 am
Ashley1995, Plymouth, Other
I love the twilight saga and too have all the books and films... I hope they stay close to the story line in Breaking Dawn especially as they are splitting it into two films so hopefully they wont miss out the important parts. I loved the boks and cant wait to watch breaking dawn!!

on May. 5 2011 at 2:55 pm
wasauskyx BRONZE, New Haven, Connecticut

I am not afraid to speak my mind. I am honest, but when I do speak my mind, I get ignored.
~me!

I've read all the books in the series and got all the movies too. I hope that when Breaking Dawn comes out is as good as the book and that it doesn't skip many of the good parts :)

on May. 3 2011 at 4:03 am
PianoGirl43 BRONZE, Arvada, Colorado
i agree with you that twilight was a great book series one of the best in my opion but personally i still dont really enjoy vampire books most are kinda boring and twilight was so fun to read it got my hopes u then my hope fell when i saw many authers still stuck to the old rutine

on Apr. 27 2011 at 7:43 am
BridgetND BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana

I love Twilight! i saved and saved to buy the books and movies. i can't wait for Breaking Dawn. i hope its great and does the book justice =] 

on Apr. 18 2011 at 12:40 pm
ShannonLaDieu SILVER, Waycross, Georgia

The best part of beauty is that no picture can express- Loren blake Chosen House of Night serise
mee-uf-ow!- Nala(Zoey's Cat) House of night Books
since when has public making-out become a turn-on for you?- Zoey Redbird

Well in my opinion I belive twilight is an amazing serise that is for girls who enjoy vamps

on Apr. 17 2011 at 4:57 am
Mystisha BRONZE, Mumbai, Other

Nice one!!...yea Stephenie Meyer has done a gr8 job..I mean wen i was readin tis buk i was all into it..afta readin it 4 sum days i even tried 2 act like bella swan..nd wished 2 get a guy like Edward..:P

Nd yea the buk is way betta dan d movie..!!..:) 

AndyD said...
on Apr. 16 2011 at 9:37 am
AndyD, University Park, Maryland

Once in a while you trip. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, you fly.

Thanks for a great review!

on Apr. 14 2011 at 5:21 pm
marissalynn. BRONZE, Pendelton, Indiana

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."
-The Notebook

finally some one else who agrees ! I thought the exact thing when i saw the movie. i just hope breaking dawn is a little bit better. 

writ3r BRONZE said...
on Apr. 13 2011 at 7:16 am
writ3r BRONZE, Rockville, Maryland

"unfortunate" or "sweet stakes"

does any one else feel blown that the movie does this book no justice i mean the actors were awful. and in the book edward was like my husband. but in the movie the only think i took interest in jacob and his shirtless body.

Taneei said...
on Apr. 8 2011 at 7:12 pm
Yet another captivating review. Very impressive. 5 stars

mmb16 said...
on Apr. 6 2011 at 1:20 pm
mmb16, Newton, North Carolina

I don't start working 'till the coffee does! ;D

I love the series btw  :)

mmb16 said...
on Apr. 6 2011 at 1:19 pm
mmb16, Newton, North Carolina

Unless you've read the books, you can't say it's a bad book and that is just a review...why don't you find out for yourself if the book sounds bad, because you a little too opinionated to say anything  

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!