Where The Heart Is

When I first picked up this book and read the title Where The Heart Is i thought, the heart is in the chest how is this book going to go on about a heart? Come to find out Billie Letts was able to make this book last for a whole 358 pages. At first i thought the book was good and interesting but then i seemed to find that the book was predictable except for the rare occasion.

Novalee Nation was a 17 year old high school drop out when her boyfriend Willy Jack dumped her off at a Walmart in Oklahoma. She was alone had only $7.77 to start to figure out what to do. While she is at the walmart she meets lot of interesting people who help Novalee grow as a person. This book has some very serious topics and although i didn't really care for the book it did make me stop and go did that really happen?

Over all i think that the book Where The Heart Is had a good idea and but i think that the book could have been written differently. The book was liked by others in my English class but it wasn't my genre of interest.