Warriors don't Cry by Melba Patillo Beals

By , Stamford, CT
Warriors Don’t Cry is a book that is filled with the horrifying events that happened to nine teenagers known and the Little Rock Nine. This book follows one of them, Melba Patillo Beals. She tells the story of how she went to Central High School and was the first person to integrate the public schools. In the book you will hear about how she went through a crowd of protesters with the help of many government soldiers that made it possible for her and her fellow black schoolmates to go there.

This book is full of bright and entertaining characters that will make you want to read more. There is comedy and sadness and it will make you feel as if you are there in some of the brief action scenes that are in the book. One unusual thing about reading this book is that sometimes I forgot to realize that it actually happened and that people were treated like they were in this book. I is hard to believe if you look at our society today. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes historical fiction. I would give it a four out of ten. This is probably one of my favorite historical fiction books. This book is for any gender and almost any age. I highly recommend people to read this book.

Gsz424 said...
May 26, 2010 at 6:57 am
Sorry I ment to say four out of five